Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/22/2019
OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Application Analyst to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Application Analyst supports the mission of OCHIN by supporting a variety of external products that integrate with OCHIN’s EHRs or other systems.
This role provides technical support to ensure the efficient and effective operations of these ancillary product and to provide support the product owners as needed.
Outcomes for Success
* Act as Level 2 technical support for many ancillary integrated products. This entails:
* Collecting and resolving issues
* Coordinating with Help Desk on JIRA resolution
* Helping the product owner to put together agendas for vendor calls
* Representing OCHIN on vendor calls from a technical perspective
* Serve as internal advisor to other analyst as the lead working sessions with OCHIN members to resolve advanced and complex integration work orders and support issues.
* Discuss and provide workflow solutions and ensure understanding of the system through hands on training.
* Document build specifications, team processes and complex clinic workflows.
* QA complex builds, Service Update (SU) modifications, and other work orders.
* Collaborate with members from other OCHIN teams to address integration issues.
* Provide elbow support to clinic staff during Go-Lives and Mock clinics as needed.
* Lead trainings and workgroups for members.
* Mentor, coach and train less experienced analysts.
* Develop and share workflow best practices.
* Travel to support off-site software installations as needed.
* Assist Project Managers in identifying system capabilities.
* Build, design, test and document functionality of new system features.
* Provide process improvements within your application or team.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree (Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science preferred) or a combination of college education and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
* 1 year of experience in similar or relevant role
* Work history in Healthcare IT
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* 1 Epic certifications/proficiencies is preferred
* Portland, OR
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.