Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Prep Camp Cook and Logistics Support
Special Project, Full-Time: scheduled to work 40 hours per week
2 positions available
The Prep Camp Cook and Logistic Support prepares ingredients necessary for lunch and snack for the OMSI Outdoors programs at Camp Meriwether, near Tillamook, Oregon. You’ll help feed guests to energize them as they hike the surrounding area learning about coastal ecology. You’ll also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare ingredients quickly and efficiently for large school groups at designated times.
• Set out, supervise, and clean up daily lunch making process.
• Wash dishes used in meal preparation and as needed.
• Regularly clean surfaces and equipment throughout camp, including coolers and pantries as designated by the assistant manager. Maintain Oregon Health Code and American Camping Association standards in handling, cooking, and storing of food.
• Scheduled to work the months of March - May.
What you’ll need:
• Working knowledge of preparing vegetables and meats for cooking.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking in the food industry.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate.
• Current CPR and first aid certification.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and reference checks.
• $60.00 per day
• Onsite Living, including shared staff quarters.
• Room and Board provided during programming.
• Eligible for healthcare and Oregon Sick time.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/419105.html to apply!
Position open until filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/419105.html