Post Date: 06/11/2019
Close Date: 06/24/2019
Deadline to apply: June 24, 2019 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $25.78 - $34.56 hourly
At Metro, procurement work is a process but it's also about people. Whether it's supporting a small, minority owned business with submitting a competitive bid; working to ensure purchasing considerations are approached equitably; or by being a trusted, reliable resource to vendors, contractors, staff and other internal stakeholders, Procurement Analysts help individuals, (internal) departments, consultants and businesses to understand and successfully navigate through the complexities of Procurement.
• Relationship builder - you build credibility and trust and you're known to provide consistent, reliable information. You understand the value of customer service and excellence
• Problem solver - You're solutions-oriented. You have an ability to think creatively, a willingness to learn and know how to research information and find answers independently (or with minimal guidance). You're comfortable with some ambiguity and can take an innovative or diverse approach but you're also open to recognizing and accepting alternative solutions.
• Effective communicator - You have an ability to communicate dry content and make it engaging; you're a good listener; you can take complex information and break it down into simple language.
About the work
Program Analysts regularly perform a variety of entry-level professional technical and administrative duties including customer service, advise on best procurement approaches including equity and inclusion strategies; consult on and prepare solicitation documents; and other duties necessary for efficient and effective contracting and procurement services. A significant portion of this work involves helping departments to fulfill their purchasing needs while ensuring requests align with established procedures. This includes reviewing information and ensuring requests are handled appropriately.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
One year of experience in a comparable position with knowledge of business enterprise systems and a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- OR -
Any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
• Analytical skills, ability to write effectively, listening and communication skills, reading comprehension/ability to interpret information and apply learned knowledge effectively
• Experience working with or providing services to minority, women, service disabled veteran, emerging and disadvantaged businesses or organizations a plus.
Preference may be given to candidates holding relevant professional certifications [such as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certificate].
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answers to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position. Please attach your resume and cover letter separately.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs