Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/01/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst with strong Mainframe skills to join an excellent team, manage important systems development efforts and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you will support multiple client server applications and systems. You will work with customers to define and translate business requirements into technical requirements in the creation of applications and systems; analyze, design develop, test and implement application systems and maintain existing systems; and adhere to specific documentation requirements.
In this role, you will direct and coordinate all levels of data and process modeling, work process, user interface design and technological infrastructure design. You will mentor and support other team members in various roles and responsibilities; and provide quality assurance and oversight for contactors and temporary staff.
Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating one or more projects while developing teamwork schedules and priorities for multiple assignments; participating in the hiring of team members; and identifying team member’s training needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Experience with COBOL, CICS, SQL and DB2.
• Strong working knowledge of Systems Development.
• Experience advancing systems delivery concepts, methodologies, techniques and tools.
• Experience with database management systems.
• Experience with distributed data with remote input and manipulation.
• Experience expanding or changing existing business processes.
• Basic Project Management knowledge.
• Experience estimating resources and schedules for complex systems development efforts.
• Ability to analyze complex procedures, process and processes.
• Experience writing documentation according to established standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.