Post Date: 01/29/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: ReStore Donation Pickup Program Assistant
Department: Donation Services
Reports to: Logistics & Inventory Manager
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: Starting hourly rate $15.00 to $16.00, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Position includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; Short-term Disability; EAP; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects.
Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
The Donation Pickup Assistant’s key responsibility is routing our Habitat for Humanity ReStore box trucks for donation pickups. They help field phone calls, review pickup requests, offer first-rate customer service, and schedule donation pickups to ensure the successful delivery of materials to multiple ReStore locations.
The Donation Pickup Assistant is expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use supportive communication with staff, volunteers and customers in a team based environment.
● To assist in improving the quality and quantity of materials delivered to the local ReStores by screening donation pickup requests
● To assist with the coordination of pickups of donated materials
● To learn and operate our online scheduling software, Vonigo
● To learn and communicate the donation guidelines of the Habitat for Humanity ReStores
● To act as a point of contact for our driver team, providing instruction & updates as needed
● To assist with customer service, scheduling, and conduct any necessary follow up with donors
● To efficiently and professionally work with donors, accepting or declining materials
● Leading other volunteers to assist where needed
● To gauge available space in the truck fleet to accurately and efficiently schedule donations in a fiscally responsible manner.
● Provide excellent customer service to donors
● Learn and communicate donation guidelines
● Provide alternate resources for material disposing and recycling to donors
● Other duties as assigned, including taking lead role as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Proficient in Microsoft office programs
● Proficient in Google Maps & Google Drive
● Strong organization and time management skills
● Ability to make sound decisions independently
● Follow and enforce safely requirements with other staff and volunteers
● Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
● High school diploma or similar, bachelor’s degree a plus
● 2 years’ experience working in related field
● Excellent reading, writing, communication and basic math skills
● Experience with scheduling, routing and logistics
● Experience with Vonigo scheduling software
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an office environment. Scheduled hours are Tuesday-Sunday, 8-4pm but may on occasion need to be flexible when necessary.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
● A complete resume, including dates of employment
● A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
● Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Donations Pickup Assistant’ in the subject line. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.pdxrestore.org/jobs