Post Date: 11/21/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) in the College of Education at Portland State University is seeking a .75 FTE Office Specialist 2 Department Administrator.
This position provides support to the department of Curriculum and Instruction. Duties will include department operations, budget and fiscal monitoring, course scheduling/enrollment management, faculty support, and other responsibilities as assigned based on the needs of the department with continuous operations. This position reports directly to the Department Chair. Hours (9am-4pm) Monday to Friday (tentative).
- Two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
- An Associate’s degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
- Graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology AND one year of general clerical experience.
College courses in Office Occupations or Office Technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet goals and deadlines.
- High proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proficiency with general office software and technology programs (MS Office Suite, GSuite Apps).
- Ability to work well with and assist a diverse clientele.
- Self-directed, proactive, and demonstrated ability to initiate work.
- Experience using Banner or similar multi-user database.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement:
The starting salary rate for this position will be between $14.45 and $16.15 per hour. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR.
PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Complete details: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/31545