Post Date: 09/30/2019
Close Date: 12/24/2019
Human Resource Specialist
At Ride Connection we’re passionate about moving people. Transportation lies at the heart of equity, allowing people access to the things they need to survive and thrive. Last year we provided over half a million free rides for older adults, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, rural residents and general public. We have built and continue to develop programs that allow us to provide the best option for each individual, suited to their level of need.
We are looking for someone who has a desire to impact our organization as a Human Resource Specialist. The HR Specialist assist in developing and managing with all aspects of Ride Connection’s personnel, initiatives and strategies. The HR Specialist is responsible for assisting in the agency’s recruitment, performance management, employee relations and benefits. Working in collaboration with other team members the HR Specialist ensures that all Human Resource activities contribute to the satisfaction and performance excellence of employees and managers.
Ride Connection is a nonprofit agency serving a diverse population and we place a high emphasis on diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Staff and volunteers are valued for the experience and unique viewpoints they bring to the job. Excellent benefits include healthcare for employee and dependents (partial paid) with generous paid time off. This is a full-time position.
• AA degree in a related field or a high school equivalent and a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in an office environment or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management, documentation, performance evaluations and other essential functions of an HR generalist
• Ability to pass a 10 year National Criminal Record Check which includes fingerprint identification
• Ability to pass a DMV check that meets or exceeds Ride Connection’s driving standards
• Must have own personal vehicle and be willing to use personal vehicle for employment purposes. Must maintain proof of auto insurance and comply with State regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Ability to speak other languages, in addition to English
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Experience working for a non-profit organization
To apply, visit www.rideconnection.org/about-us/careers for an application and full job description. Please submit your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Compensation is $18.35 per hour. This is a full time, non-exempt position. Position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers