Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/20/2020
POSITION: Admissions Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Admissions Operations and Technology
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited
This position directly supports admissions processes throughout all phases of the application cycle from inquiry to matriculation. The Admissions Program Coordinator facilitates the day-to-day activities of application processing, maintains admissions databases, organizes application credentials and inputs them into university data systems, schedules interviews, arranges campus visit logistics, coordinates student ambassador events, and serves as the first point-of-contact for in-person and telephone information requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of admissions databases and applicant files; record campus visits, communication, and prospective student information in the admissions CRM database.
• Process and prepare applications for initial evaluation, advisor review, and final decision; reconcile content of physical and digital files; update data and input credentials into the admissions database; create and distribute decision letters, ensure confidentiality of sensitive documents and records.
• Maintain program specific filing and reporting; notify admissions advisors when credentials are received; continuously update application statuses in university databases as they progress through the admissions cycle.
• Provide a high quality of personalized service support to prospective students throughout the inquiry/application life cycle by responding accurately, timely and professionally to requests and questions via email, phone, and in person; guide applicants through the admissions process; accurately inform students on admission requirements and procedures consistent with university policies; communicate status of admissions process to prospective students.
• Schedule personal admissions interviews for selected candidates; arrange interview format and logistics; prepare relevant applicant information for interviewer consideration.
• Coordinate campus visits; schedule and arrange individual and group campus visits, campus tours, interviews, class visits, and overnight hotel stays; ensure appropriate UWS staff, faculty and student ambassadors are available to meet with campus guests.
• Facilitate the student ambassador volunteer program; recruit and train new ambassadors; maintain records of current and previous ambassadors; serve as tour guide on an as-needed basis.
• Process student deferrals; application cloning; record updates; duplicate removal; and maintain data accuracy for submitted and admitted applications; communicate admissions decisions with appropriate UWS offices and academic departments.
• Enhance the prospective student experience and proactively address institutional needs; collaborate with other UWS offices to ensure appropriate support and assistance is provided.
• Assist in the transfer of matriculated student files from the Admissions Office to the Registrar’s Office.
• Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of records by maintaining strict compliance with FERPA and other federal regulations and university policies.
• Establish and nourish effective working relationships with other UWS employees and departments.
• Develop, evaluate, and implement office procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities with accuracy and timeliness; ability to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks.
• Familiarity with CRM / data management software
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to students, institutional personnel, and the public.
• Tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, fairness and relationship building are essential.
• Demonstrate a friendly, professional demeanor and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment under minimal supervision.
• Dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic, and proactive.
• Flexible, innovative, and resourceful.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Minimum two years customer service experience.
• Minimum two years of experience in administrative office roles.
• Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Enterprise Resource Planning & Student Information Systems, Microsoft Office & Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Windows.
• Salesforce, ERx, PowerCampus, or other database management software experience
• Notary certification – If not currently held, will need to obtain within the first three months of employment.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS
Please submit a letter of application, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website and click the large orange button: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/admissions-program-coordinator/