Post Date: 08/16/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Currently, Moda Health is seeking a Supervisor, Business Systems Solutions to join our Information Technology team. This position will guide and supervise a team of Business Systems Analysts (BSA) focused on projects; including Facets system enhancements and upgrades for Information Services.
Provides direction to team members by providing training, mentoring, counseling and guidance for successful implementations of projects and system enhancements.
Manages multiple moderate to highly complex projects of various durations simultaneously.
Performs personnel administration, up to and including, timekeeping, performance appraisals, discipline action, interviewing, etc.
Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
Coordinates functional requirements of business units and technical solutions with BSA personnel to develop the most cost effective solution.
Provides leadership to project teams through effective communication, team building and mentoring.
Devises test plans, builds test data, and tests new or enhanced application functions.
Works with other IS management and users groups to prioritize project tasks, obtain information, remove obstacles, and manage them to a successful and timely conclusion.
Supervises BSA resources and tasks in coordination with the project managers.
Works with Lead BSAs to develop and ensure proper training and operating procedures are in place for the team.
Reviews schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects.
Provides ongoing assistance to assigned team members by remaining cross trained in performing team functions.
Performs problem solving on a daily basis and assist BSA team in generating effective and efficient solutions to system related problems that arise.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
2. 3 – 5 years recent experience in Supervisor, Lead or Sr. BSA role, and/or project management within the healthcare insurance industry specifically in operational functions such as claims, membership, and/or customer service with experience and understanding of healthcare insurance regulations.
3. Experience and knowledge of TriZetto Facets Extended Enterprise solution strongly preferred.
4. Knowledge and experience with relational databases and data model concepts.
5. Proven experience working within an Information Services environment with emphasis on change/deployment management, management of test environments, working with application developers, managing multiple assignments, planning and execution for production deployments.
6. Must possess experience with gathering business requirements, functional systems design and specifications documentation, test plan/test case development and execution, quality assurance & regression testing, and overall analytical techniques.
7. Knowledge and experience in the use of Project Management methodologies and project lifecycles.
8. Demonstrated success at mentoring and developing project lifecycle skills with the BSAs.
9. Ability to facilitate and guide BSAs in data and requirements gathering and documentation activities with various sizes of user groups.
10. Ability to understand, translate and communicate technical and complex ideas and situations to a wide variety of audiences.
11. Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions.
12. Ability to translate and guide BSAs in the translation of the technical information of the system into the business processes to be used by the operational users for processing and/or support.
13. Must be able to work effectively within a project team and in collaboration with peers.
14. Flexibility that allows effective teamwork with people at all levels of the organization.
15. Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
16. Ability to work on multiple projects/task concurrently.
17. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
18. Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize task assignments, for self and for team, to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met.
19. Ability to develop and lead a team including: hiring, goal setting, coaching and career development.
20. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with business and technical personnel.
21. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
Complete details: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27260574&refresh=true