Post Date: 03/21/2019
Close Date: 04/20/2019
Among the woodlands, wetlands and wildlife of the hills of Southwest Portland lies the unique educational experience that is Oregon Episcopal School. The school occupies a 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
Oregon Episcopal School seeks a smart, tech savvy, administrative assistant to support the Upper School Administrative Office and Upper School division head as needed. The assistant is part of a team of two. This position reports directly to the US division head and requires frequent interaction with faculty, students, and parents. The successful assistant will be calm, organized, possess exceptional communication and people skills, and have the ability to support the OES mission, vision, and identity (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-vision-identity).
Starts mid-August with training time be determined. This is a part-time, academic year position with summers and other school breaks off. It is a non-exempt, salaried position that comes with benefits including paid sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, retirement plan, and an excellent free lunch daily. See the OES Benefits Guide for more information (www.oes.edu/employees).
SCHEDULE: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., three days per week; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., one day per week
• Serve as first line of contact for Upper School.
• Maintain appointment calendar for the Head of Upper School.
• Update external and internal calendar with Upper School events.
• Make phone calls and respond to emails from parents, guardians, etc. as needed.
• Proof and send communications to families from the Head of Upper School’s Office and teachers via student database.
• Help find and track substitute teacher slots.
• Update monthly Upper School faculty/staff timecards in ADP to reflect sick/personal time and subbing hours.
• Collect, scan, and track all student forms (emergency contact, trips, add/drop, driver, etc).
• Schedule and plan Upper School events such as graduation and annual class trips, including reserving space and ordering catering, as needed.
• Maintain student files, including sending and requesting transcripts.
• Review and process reimbursement requests.
• Reconcile monthly credit card charges and monitor monthly expense ledger.
• Provide input to the division’s annual budget.
• Process background checks for Upper School volunteers; maintain volunteer database.
• Order office supplies.
• Contact maintenance with cleaning and facilities requests and repairs.
• Set out snacks daily; order snacks monthly from Bon Appetit.
• Attend faculty meetings, as needed.
• Coordinate in-coming and out-going daily mail for Head of Upper School.
• Provide general support to faculty, students, and parents.
• BA/BS or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 2 years’ administrative assistant experience.
• Intercultural competence, ability to work effectively with diverse students, families, colleagues.
• Digital literacy; proficiency in MS Office Suite, PCR, Google Docs/Sheets and other web based applications, as appropriate to job duties, flexibility and openness to learning as digital tools evolve.
• First Aid/CPR certified or ability to obtain upon hire.
• Oregon Food Handlers license or willingness to obtain upon hire.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
• 5 years’ administrative assistant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well on teams.
• Ability to maintain professionalism and a cheerful disposition in stressful situations.
• Strong business writing and editing skills.
• Ability to perform basic business math functions accurately.
• Ability to manage confidential information in compliance with the law and best practice.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
• Primarily office environment, ability to sit at computer and keyboard for substantial periods.
• Mobility sufficient to move about the campus, to include climbing stairs.
• Sight and hearing adequate to perform the duties of the job, ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis.
COMPENSATION: Starts at $20 per hour
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should complete the application, available here https://fs18.formsite.com/OES_Form/ejspc4oye8/index.html and attach cover letter and resume:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers