Post Date: 06/04/2019
Close Date: 07/03/2019
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced office environment. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the daily financial data processing of the organization runs smoothly, accurately and efficiently. The Coordinator will work with a variety of programs including Concur (expense reporting), Intacct (accounting software), People Pro (payroll), google documents, word and excel.
This full-time position will be based in FoodCorps’ Portland office.
Who You Are:
You are a motivated, highly organized and efficient professional, with a keen eye for detail and knack for creative problem solving. You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills that enable you to convey complex information in an engaging and thorough fashion. You have a strong internal motivation and are comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines. You’ve had previous experience working on a financial or accounting team, and are highly skilled at accurately maintaining financial data and policies and procedures. You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work for health equity and social and racial justice.
- Maintain clean and accurate financial records for the organization
- Process all AP items to ensure accurate coding and timely payment of all approved vendor invoices
- Create invoices for program service sites semi-annually and support staff members to ensure timely collection of those program service fees
- Process and record staff reimbursements and credit card spending in the Concur system
- Record other financial transactions for the organization including payroll and benefits
- Reconcile and close financial activities each month for all checking, credit and benefit accounts of the organization
- Support payroll processing, state tax review, and AmeriCorps review
- Complete banking reconciliation
- Become an Intacct expert and support Intacct optimization
- Support audit prep and audit reporting functions
- Support monthly close with Controller
- Expense allocation processing
- Maintain and enforce the financial policies of the organization
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Previous accounting experience (1-2 years) preferred, previous non-profit experience is great
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up nonprofit environment
- Strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting and problem solving, often under tight deadlines
- Experience with accounting software, familiarity with Intacct a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google, Salesforce and Box or other cloud-based technologies strongly preferred but not required
- High level of discretion with confidential and sensitive personal information
- Previous experience with AmeriCorps or understanding of AmeriCorps regulations encouraged
· Knowledge of the food movement, childhood obesity, nutritional education and related issues welcomed but not required
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is an exempt Coordinator level role with a starting annual salary range beginning at $36,000.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. The Portland office enjoys an open floor workspace that encourages collaboration. The office also welcomes well behaved dogs. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.
Complete details: https://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/job/122847/finance-coordinator