Post Date: 01/31/2019
Close Date: 03/15/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reducing stigma, and providing the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we have expanded our services to SW Washington! We are currently hiring a 1.0 FTE Medical Case Manager II to provide high quality, coordinated, strengths-based social services consistent with the agency’s mission. The individual helps guide low and medium barrier individuals living with HIV through the continuum of HIV-related and other relevent systems of care. This requires maintaining an awareness of cultural issues and developing effective relationships with a diverse client population.
Responsibilities include: screening clients for psychosocial needs, developing goal plans, implementing effective interventions and monitoring client progress; assisting clients with applications for insurance, public assistance benefits, etc., and monitoring the process from initiation through formal decision; providing information and referral to a wide range of community services; providing advocacy within multiple settings including educating clients to self-advocate when appropriate; providing problem solving interventions as needed to assist client’s completion of their goals; working closely with providers and inter-disciplinary team to facilitate client care and resolve short-term needs.
The person in this position is stationed in CAP’s Vancouver office and will travel throughout the Clark, Skamania and Multnomah County service area for meetings and client home-visits. Occasional evening and weekend work, a state-issued driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle are required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Master’s Degree in related field (Social Work, Psychology, Public Health)
• Prior experience providing case management (or similar) services
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance addiction
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with community stakeholders
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
• Knowledge of community resources in Clark and Skamania Counties
• Previous work experience with consumer health insurance and/or knowledge of Washington State health insurance options.
• Previous experience working with people living with HIV
Compensation: Compensation: $44,213 annually, based on the union contract; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Medical Case Manager II Position (SW WA Office)
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/