Post Date: 02/08/2019
Close Date: 03/08/2019
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is an award-winning, farmer-owned dairy co-op with one of the most recognized and beloved food brands in the western U.S. The company has enjoyed tremendous growth over the past five years and in 2018 began rapid expansion toward our vision of becoming a leading national food brand.
We are a high-performance branded consumer dairy products company that has earned exceptional brand strength. We have been a long-time market leader in the western U.S. Our more recent efforts on strategy, innovation and the desire to bring Tillamook products into the hands of more consumers have driven expansion into new markets and new product categories. Tillamook sales have grown over 60% since 2012, now exceeding $800 million and on-track for $1 billion+ as we continue to market and product expansion plans to build a national dairy brand.
We are proud to offer an inclusive purpose-driven culture, grounded in our shared values, creating a fulfilling and enriching work experience for our employees. The leadership team is successfully developing the company’s potential. They are excellent planners, operators and value creators. The Tillamook business environment is dynamic and challenging and provides the opportunity to truly have an impact and see your contributions come to life.
About the Opportunity
We are excited to introduce this new role at Tillamook: Executive Vice President, Stewardship. This person will be responsible for directing our overall Stewardship, member (shareholder) relations, and external relations strategy in all aspects of the business. In many ways, this role is the strategic “conscience” of the company, ensuring that we are responsibly upholding our guiding principle to do right by all of our stakeholders in all that we do. In fact, one of our stated shared values is Good Stewards, meaning we do the long-term right thing for our farmers, employees, consumers, communities and our brand.
The EVP will have strategic oversight over several critical functions at Tillamook, including corporate social responsibility (stewardship), sustainability, community engagement, corporate communications, government affairs, farm services, and co-op member/investor relations. The EVP will lead the development, management, and execution of comprehensive external relations and outreach, philanthropy, and social responsibility strategies to positively position Tillamook among key stakeholders.
The role can be based in Tillamook or Portland, Oregon (candidate preference) with frequent travel between the two sites as well as occasionally to Boardman, Oregon. The EVP, Stewardship will report directly to the CEO and will be a critical member of the company’s executive team.
· 15+ years of progressive experience in a combination of corporate social responsibility, stewardship/sustainability, community outreach, government and external affairs, and stakeholder engagement.
· Demonstrated ability to build authentic relationships and relate with diverse stakeholders, including agricultural/ rural communities.
· Proven ability to comprehend and respond to complex legal and regulatory issues and documents.
· Demonstrated leadership experience with compassionate people-development orientation and strong alignment with Tillamook shared values.
· Savvy in local and state political environment and media markets, and preferably established relationships with political, community and media leaders in key markets.
· Strategic business partner and advisor to senior executives with a solid track record of achievement.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication with individuals at all levels.
· Ability to influence partners at the most senior levels, demonstrating executive presence/composure. Skilled in working with diverse groups and building consensus and influencing with impact.
· Ability to establish a direction, influence behavior, and demonstrate a decisive and direct nature.
· Passion for specialty/natural food and beverage and agriculture/farming.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Industry-leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA