Post Date: 03/22/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
On Call / Relief
Job Code: MC-157
Seeking On Call Milieu Counselors to mentor adolescent girls (11-16 years) youth in a residential facility. The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provides support to up to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
Milieu Counselors guide youth, by teaching them vocational and daily living skills.
As a Milieu Counselor at SAGE you’ll make a meaningful contribution to the program and the youth served by:
• Providing individual skill building and group work as needed
• Effectively supervising the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
• Assisting in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
• Completing clinical critical incident reports as required
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check.
• Language testing if applicable.
• Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shift may require day, evening, overnight and weekend
Milieu Counselor: $14.50- $14.83
Bilingual (Spanish) Milieu Counselor : $15.81-$16.17
Available Shifts: Flexible! On Call – Morning, Swing, Overnight shifts available A $0.50 /hour pay differential will be applied for hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “MC-157” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Milieu Counselor-On Call position.
Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/milieu-counselor-on-call-sage/