Post Date: 06/27/2019
Close Date: 07/12/2019
Apply NOW at WWW.NWRESD.ORG thru the 'JOBS ' tab, OR submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Special Student Services
Location: Washington County - Multiple Locations
Salary: Technical Services Salary Schedule, Range D ($22.68-$23.73)
Bargaining Unit: OSEA
Start Date: ASAP
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In Partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position facilitates communication by interpreting in the classroom, during assemblies and in meetings between staff and deaf/heard of hearing students and/or parents. Also interprets for visiting organizations, colleges and during sports and other activities. Perform behavioral management as needed. Tutors students to help them not fall behind.
1. Hold a certificate with a passing score of 3.5 or above on the EIPA Performance test or hold
RID NIC, CI or CT Certification and:
2. Hold a Bachelor's or Associate's Degree from an Interpreter Education Program or in a related
educational field; or
3. Achieve a passing score on the EIPA Written Test
4. Valid Oregon driver’s license.
5. Pass fingerprint check and drug testing requirements.
6. Ability to use e-mail, internet software and word processing
7. Certificates as determined by the District.
Essential Functions: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned.
1. Interprets for deaf and hard of hearing students
2. Participates during Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings communicating with staff
and/or parents and acting as a resource person during any meetings
3. Interprets at extra-curricular activities and school related meetings
4. Attends staff meetings and in-services
5. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
6. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1482 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.