Post Date: 07/19/2019
Close Date: 08/18/2019
Protecting Oregon’s ecosystem and precious natural resources is not only our passion, it’s our mission. DEQ’s goal is to support a healthy and sustainable environment that supports Oregon’s communities and diverse economies. Just like our waterways distribute sustenance and life for the diverse regions of our state, the Water Quality Program’s mission is to protect and improve Oregon’s rivers, lakes, streams and groundwater quality. If you feel as committed to this work as we do, then let’s work together to listen, lead and craft innovative solutions that will protect and restore the resources that make Oregon special.
The Department of Environmental Quality leads this important work by developing and implementing water quality standards and improvement plans and providing resources for communities to build and upgrade local treatment facilities. Your vision and solutions oriented leadership approach will be critical to implement key priorities and help to refine critical processes that support the timely issuance of required permits. We are looking for our next Eastern Region Water Quality Permit Program leader to continue to foster a collaborative and family-centric workplace.
The Department of Environmental Quality strives to create inclusive environments that welcome and value the diversity of the people we serve. DEQ fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to create workplace environments where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, physical stature, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation and any other factor applicable by state or federal law.
What you will do!
– You will lead a dedicated group of professionals ensuring that program deliverables are met related to inspections, permit issuance and other critical regional implementation work.
– You will collaborate with other water quality program managers to identify key program and policy priorities while developing an implementation strategy to address these program deliverables.
– You will serve on the Eastern Region and Water Quality Program-wide Management Teams.
– Partnering with staff and fellow managers across the state, you will identify and support actions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the permitting process.
– Foster a fun and dynamic work environment that focuses on accountability and supports an inclusive work place where all can come to work and thrive.
What’s in it for you!
– Collaborate with the leading minds in water quality to address and resolve Oregon’s complex environmental issues.
– Contribute to developing environmental policy and implement policy to support DEQ’s mission and goals
– Actively engage with a diverse set of issues and associated stakeholders throughout the environmental quality landscape.
– Ability to work and impact a field where success means improved outcomes for all Oregonians and future generations.
– Pendleton, Oregon is a beautiful, amazing place to work and live. Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast, a lover of the arts, or you are someone who enjoys new culinary experiences – Pendleton has you covered!
What we are looking for?
– Accomplished leader with the ability to establish a vision for water quality and effectively collaborate to realize it.
– Foster a learning environment that supports training and where staff feel engaged in challenging and meaningful work.
– Clear understanding and experience leading water quality regulatory programs including permitting processes.
– Ability to align big picture performance metrics with day to day responsibilities that work to deliver on established goals for the Water Quality Program.
– Record of accomplishment of sustaining a team oriented environment across regional field offices where goals and expectations are clearly communicated and understood.
1. Submit a resume that clearly demonstrates your experience and/or education to meet the needs of the position.
2. Submit a cover letter that details your interest in the position. No more than two pages.
Attach Veterans' Preference documentation if requesting preference points through the task that will be available for completion on your Workday account after successfully submitting your application. Veterans' preference information and appropriate documentation is outlined by the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
Workday related information and resources are available at https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/index.aspx.
Employee is required to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state where the employee resides or provide an acceptable alternate mode of transportation.
If you have questions about the recruitment or need assistance to participate in the application process, please contact Kyle Weraky, Senior Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 971-707-8803.
THE OREGON DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.