Post Date: 04/05/2019
Close Date: 04/25/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 25, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Facilities Specialist (R-19-0504)
As the Senior Facilities Specialist, you will optimize use of organizational facilities through assessing and evaluating physical space requirements and developing plans to meet business space needs.
What’s in it for you? You’ll get an opportunity to work on projects with people from different areas of expertise and share your background and skills.
Our ideal candidate is an organized self-starter, with great negotiation and communication skills, along with skills in space planning, interior design, and project management.
You will bring the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, project management, business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Eight or more years in related field of facilities, design, or architecture
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience with Revit, AudoCad 2015, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Certified Interior Designer preferred
• LEED AP preferred
You will support our journey by:
• Meeting with officers and senior managers to determine space planning needs. Plan, recommend and implement cost-effective strategies for use of facilities. Contributes to overall company strategy for optimizing space use. Document plans for workspace use. Manage inventory and maintain documentation. In collaboration with others, manage all elements of new construction projects.
• Serve as a companywide subject matter expert on space design and facility use. Analyzes trends and makes recommendations. Ensures work complies with policies and regulations.
• Manage multiple projects ranging from small to large sized projects of basic to complex scope including full architectural solutions in coordination with an architect or engineer.
• Be responsible for the highest level of interior design outcomes, completing projects with accuracy and creativity while monitoring project performance and budget.
• Proactively identify and manage projects to better optimize use of work facilities, including furniture, lighting, configuration changes, workspace design and accommodation requests. May proactively develop and maintain community and corporate relationships to foster sustainable practices within facilities. May lead or develop energy-tracking or sustainability projects.
• Source and select vendors for new construction, moves, furniture purchases or maintenance tasks. In collaboration with Supply Chain, negotiate service-level agreements and performance metrics. Manage vendor relationships. May design, manage and maintain contract management system.
• Proactively manage moves and relocations to optimize facility resources. Manage all aspects of moves or relocations to optimize space and meet strategic objectives. Consult with and educate clients, vendors and other departments (IT). Suggest innovative or best-practice solutions.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-0504 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING