Post Date: 07/30/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Director of Development
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: VP of Resource Development
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East believes that everyone deserves a decent and affordable place to call home. We create opportunities for people in the Portland Metro region to transform their lives, building strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. We are nationally recognized as one of the most successful Habitat for Humanity affiliates in the country, on the leading edge of program development, innovation, and fundraising. The recognition of the Habitat for Humanity brand helps fuel our success in building relationships within our community.
As the Director of Development with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, you will have the opportunity to build a career working alongside an inspired and motivated team to address the most urgent issue facing our city—the high cost of housing. A robust fund development team will surround you—including two major gift officers—along with an energized board of directors and CEO who all have a hand in supporting our fundraising efforts.
Through our 2021 Strategic Plan, Habitat will partner with more people than ever before to build decent and affordable housing. This innovative and bold plan will triple the number of people served annually. The Development Director will have the opportunity to work alongside a growing organization with a strong foundation of support.
• Form and lead the affiliate’s 3-year fundraising plan that supports the organization’s overall 5-year strategic plan
• Oversee budget development and management, leading the team to successfully meet a $5 million fundraising goal.
• Manage a 30 to 50-person portfolio of principal supporters and prospects and work closely with CEO, Board of Directors and VP of Resources Development on key fundraising initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum 7 years of progressive fundraising experience with at least 3 years of proven success in major gift work
• Experience and success in supervising and motivating a team of direct reports
• Strategic thinking with ability to execute a plan
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Proficient in Raiser’s Edge software
• Successful grant writing experience
For a full job description and application instructions, please see our website at: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/
Position will be considered open until filled, early submissions are encouraged.
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/