Post Date: 10/23/2019
Close Date: 11/11/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a Relief Teacher to join our exceptional team. If you enjoy meaningful work and want to make a difference in the lives of children, this is the job for you.
The Relief Teacher is primarily responsible for the daily care, education, and recreation of children. The Teacher provides emergent, child-directed, culturally responsive, developmentally appropriate activities for children while initiating and fostering positive guidance and behavior management practices for children. Teachers are also responsible for promoting and maintaining a positive and nurturing environment.
• Degree in early childhood education or related field preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of six months of successful, full time work experience in a certified child care center is preferred.
• Experience in a customer facing role preferred.
• Good problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Effective classroom management skills.
• Knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multicultural and diverse socioeconomic situations.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Enrollment in the Oregon State Employment Department, Child Care Division, Criminal History Registry before the first day of employment.
• Current First Aid/CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
• Current Food Handler certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
Schedule: This position is relief/on call. Hours vary between 7:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday.
Compensation: Minimum: $13.55/hour + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers