Post Date: 05/13/2019
Close Date: 06/13/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for several part-time temporary Bookstore Clerks, in the following departments: Cashier, Course Supplies, Textbooks, General Merchandise and Receiving These positions are needed to work during peak periods, which are: August-October, December-January, and March-April. All temporary positions have the opportunity of becoming a continuing part-time position, depending on Bookstore openings, performance, and availability. Hours vary Monday -- Friday, between 6:30am and 6:30pm with the possibility of working beyond those hours for occasional evening and weekend shifts. Salary for this position is $12.00/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Job Duties/Responsibilities
• Provide exemplary customer service to a diverse population: In person, over phone, via email
• Maintain cleanliness standards of department area and of store
• Assist supervisors with data entry, purchasing, record keeping, inventory, receiving, and other clerical support as directed
• Assist staff with department projects and activities
• Knowledgeable and informed regarding products and services offered by department and store
• Prepare and price merchandise for sale
• Clean, stock and rotate merchandise and displays
• Set-up and move merchandise displays and fixtures
• May perform other duties as new business opportunities arise
Other Department Duties: will vary, dependent upon assigned department in the store.
• Cashier: administer cashier procedures and services, store services, college IDs and Bus Passes, clerical assistance.
• Course Materials: assist students and faculty, prepare, arrange, and stock merchandise, place orders, place special orders.
• Textbooks: assist students and faculty, create and prepare marketing materials, prepare department reports and documents, place special orders.
• General Merchandise (clothing, food, gifts, general office supply): stock, fill, and rotate merchandise, off-campus delivery and pick up, prepare special orders, create and prepare marketing materials, event coordination support
• Receiving: assist with campus delivery, bag check, greeter, prepare, arrange, and stock merchandise, event coordination support
• All staff may perform other requested duties, dependent upon assigned department in store.
• High School graduate or equivalent, or enrolled seeking completion
• 16 years of age or older, with parental and school authorization consent to work
• Reliable transportation to and from work
• Ability and willingness to learn new processes as it relates to duties
• 3 months experience cash handling and cash register operation
• 3 months customer service experience
• Proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proficiency and a working knowledge of internet navigation with varied search engines
• Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Microsoft Excel
• Ability to type 40 WPM (data entry)
• 18 yrs. or older with current and valid Driver’s License
• 6 months driving experience with good record.
• Personal vehicle with proof of current, valid insurance.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Flexibility and willingness to work a variety of hours to meet business needs
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
• Ability and willingness to bend/stoop/stand/sit for the length of the shift and lift up to 50lbs.
• Ability to maintain the cleanliness and presentation standards of the business
• Ability to learn and operate the inventory management system as it relates to duties
• Ability to work well within a small, diverse team environment
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application (including answers to supplemental questions)
• Current résumé (with minimum of two references)
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.CLARK.EDU/JOBS
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., June 13, 2019
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
May 9, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs