Post Date: 08/30/2019
Close Date: 09/15/2019
Science Educator – Innovation Stations
$12.50 - $14.81
Special Project, Part-Time regularly scheduled 15 hours per week
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Do you have experience presenting design and engineering process-based material in an informal setting? The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking applications for the Science Educator – Innovation Stations position! The Science Educator - Innovation Stations primarily provides casual, facilitated design and engineering process-based experiences to museum guests at the Innovation Stations. The Educator will implement casual interpretative experiences for audiences that include schools, families, children, and adults. In joining the OMSI team, you’ll also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Ability to present science process and content in an engaging way with a diverse population of learners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in education, science, math or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of two years delivering educational programming.
• Minimum of one year of informal experience in education (museum, zoo, nature preserve).
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
• Free OMSI annual membership.
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/370131.html.
Position closes September 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/370131.html