Post Date: 02/15/2019
Close Date: 03/15/2019
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant for our Portland office in the Litigation Department.
The successful candidate will have an ownership mentality of their work product and partnership with timekeepers, high client service acumen, and enjoy working in a team environment. Strong computer research skills, a high level of organization and accuracy, an attention to detail, and strong litigation experience, including detailed knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and local rules, and similar experience with Oregon state court practice and rules.
Additional skills include:
- Ability to meet deadlines and turn work around quickly
- Strong professional oral and written communication
- Experience with scheduling meetings, tracking calendars, and arranging travel for 3+ timekeepers
- General administrative responsibilities including, expense reports, time entry, and typing correspondence
- College degree, plus at least 5 years of recent legal experience preferred. Any satisfactory combination of experience and education will be considered.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals