Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Under the supervision of the Outpatient Maintenance Manager and/or Lead person, provide landscaping and grounds maintenance for the hospital, medical and dental offices, support services buildings, and other facilities as designated by the Manager. Maintain and ensure that grounds are free from safety hazards, and neat in appearance at all times.
- Assess worksite needs. Prioritize work on a daily basis. Keep all work areas clean.
- Perform Landscaping services summarized below:
- Mix/apply fertilizers and weed/pest control agents in a safe and timely fashion as directed and/or approved.
- Evaluate and maintain tree health. Includes climbing tress to prune and treat, removing trees and chipping debris, shaping, fertilizing, spraying, and installing stakes and wires as needed.
- Mow and edge grass at the correct height, trim around all obstacles, aerate and thatch, check and treat with chemicals for insects, disease and moss. Survey areas to mow, noting terrain, hazards and direction of cut, and make fertilizer and drainage corrections as needed.
- Trim and maintain in neat condition all shrubs, hedges, and ground cover. Remove and dispose of all clippings and trimmings. Assess and maintain health, including identifying and treating insects and diseases.
- Clean and maintain in neat condition all planter beds and pots. Design and install new planting areas and correct landscape problems, including drainage.
- Order supplies/materials needed to perform work. Pick up and sign for supplies/materials as necessary.
- Operate multiple vehicles, including but not limited to, dump trucks, sweeper truck, trailer, and snowplow and gravel spreader in a safe and legal manner throughout the Northwest Region. Properly secure loads with chains and binders.
- Maintain cleanliness of external fixtures. Remove litter from grounds and parking areas, including emptying of trash receptacles.
- Evaluate and determine how best to address snow and ice removal at each facility and complete implementation.
- Provide advice to Outpatient Maintenance Manager and/or Leadsperson of necessary maintenance and/or repairs to sidewalks, drain covers, parking areas, light posts, signs, etc.
- Repair irrigation systems, drain fields, broken asphalt, fencing, and equipment used in performing work.
- Irrigate lawns and shrubs by operating, maintaining, and repairing automatic systems. Program timing devices as needed
- Operate motorized and hand-operated grounds maintenance equipment. Maintain equipment and tools in good repair and guard against loss.
- Maintain outside drains and keep clear of leaves and other debris
- Design and install new drainage systems as needed
- Demonstrate accountability for quality customer service at all times.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum of one-year commercial grounds experience or equivalent schooling
- Three years commercial landscape/irrigation maintenance experience or equivalent education/experience
- Required training: tree evaluation, applicable OSHA regulations, chemical use, and irrigation troubleshooting
- Valid OR/WA Drivers License
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of construction, repair, and maintenance applicable to landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Knowledge if materials, tools, and equipment used for landscape and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety rules, regulations, and established industry procedures and practices
- Knowledge of MSDS manuals and chemicals, and training
- Skilled in using tools, equipment, and vehicles utilized in grounds/landscape maintenance.
- Ability to plan and organize work, read equipment manuals, maps and landscape/irrigation site plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including orienting new hires
- General knowledge of grounds maintenance equipment
- Must be able to use non-restricted chemicals for lawns and plants
- Be able to push and lift 50-60 lbs. frequently
- Minimum of five years commercial landscaping/irrigation experience
- College-level course work in Horticulture
- Certified in pesticide application
Primary Location: Oregon,Salem,Skyline Medical Offices 5125 S. Skyline Rd.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 6:00 AM
Working Hours End: 2:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: SEIU - Local 49
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Facilities Services
Complete details: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/salem/gardener/641/12056645