Post Date: 02/23/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will provide technical assistance and support for HR functions, including, but not limited to; recruitment, on-boarding, record keeping, HRIS data entry, and other duties as assigned. The HR Coordinator acts as the first point of contact for job applicants, and employees with general HR or employment related questions. The HR Coordinator will ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments and provide excellent customer service. This position works under immediate supervision and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
The HR Coordinator supports, promotes, and adheres to the mission, values and service standards of Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW). PPCW provides, promotes and protects access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and SW Washington.
• Participate in recruitment for entry-level/mid-level personnel, which includes, but is not limited to: internal notification and external posting of positions; job fair attendance and other networking as needed to assist in recruitment; and resume review and forwarding to hiring manager.
• Coordinate administration of supplemental screening questions, phone interviews, pre-employment tests, and pre-hire paperwork as needed.
• Provide new hires with applicable documents, which includes background check links and information prior to start date.
• Prepare new employee files.
• Assist with the on-boarding process by preparing materials for start date, writing offer letters from templates, and obtaining appropriate signatures on documents prior to start date. Ensure all required employment documents are received and signed.
• Work closely with 3rd party to ensure all credentialing paperwork for licensed staff is sent in a timely manner.
• Maintain recruitment files and archive in accordance with applicable laws and/or policies.
• Provide weekly report on recruitment status to senior leadership.
• Answer general HR and benefit related questions, as needed.
• Screen and forward HR related calls and mail.
• Assist with ensuring federal and state required employment postings are updated annually and kept current at all facilities.
• May also provide administrative support to Compliance Training and Volunteer Services.
• Associates Degree in Business Administration or a related field. Additional relevant experience in combination with training may take the place of the minimum educational degree requirement.
• Two (2) years of increasingly responsible Human Resources experience as an HR assistant, analyst, or similar role with a strong experiential understanding of the full range of HR functions.
• One (1) year experience in human resources administration
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel as the job dictates.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, or related field
• Experience in a unionized work environment and labor relations
• One year experience in recruitment support
• Experience with Applicant tracking system
• PHR or SPHR certification
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Complete details: http://www.ppcw.org/jobs