Post Date: 02/15/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Job Code: PM-157
The Peer Support Mentor provides direct support services to survivors of commercial sexual exploitation, their family members, caregivers, and other natural supports. This individual will also co-lead groups for survivors and their families, organize family social activities, facilitate workshops for families, and provide resources to assistance family members impacted by trauma related to CSEC survivors.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes contact with families/survivors upon admission into services
• Facilitates peer trainings to both staff & family members as needed
• Provides education/support/advocacy services to families & adolescent survivors within the organization’s programs
• Participate in clinical staff meetings to communicate survivor and family perspective and advocate for their needs
Education and Work Experience:
• Survivor of commercial sexual exploitation who has sought out and successfully utilized behavioral/mental health and/or addiction services directly related to this experience
• Working knowledge of Oregon’s mental health & addictions system
• Basic computer skills using word processing and email
• Experience with assisting & empowering individuals to seek out and access community resources
• Experience working with people in high conflict situations
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check
• Meet agency driving requirements
• 2 years minimum clean time if in recovery from addictions and stay clean
Staring Pay Rate:
Peer Mentor: $14.50- $14.83
Milieu Counselor (Bilingual): $15.81-$16.17
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “PM-157” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Peer Mentor position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/peer-mentor/