Post Date: 08/26/2019
Close Date: 09/27/2019
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Salary: $34.04 - $35.66 hourly
Entry rate: $34.04; end of probation: $35.66/hour; Intended work schedule, Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – actual schedule may vary from this and allows come flexibility.
Represented by International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 701. This position requires an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician License (LME).
Operating Engineers are essential to providing a welcoming space. Under the supervision of the Facility Manager and Lead Operating Engineer, the Operating Engineer II operates and maintains all heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment used in the daily operations of Portland'5 Centers for the Arts (Portland'5) facilities.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts our mission is to make a difference in the community through the arts by building and engaging community and by making arts accessible in an environment where everyone feels connected in a welcoming safe space.
Home to arts organizations such as the Oregon Ballet Theatre, the Oregon Symphony and the Portland Opera, Portland'5 is among the largest performing arts centers in the US with approximately 1,000 performances and 900,000 attendees annually and generates an average of $60 million in regional spending and more than 700 jobs each year. The five theatres at Portland'5 have showcased countless events lectures, dance and much more. We are purposeful in presenting our diverse community with meaningful performing arts performances and spaces that are welcoming and accessible to everyone.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. We are looking for candidates who exemplify the best in customer service, positive team dynamics, superior quality results and a desire to explore and learn.
• Must possess an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician License (LME).
• Minimum two years experience as an Operating Engineer in a large public events facility, or any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays when required.
• Must be, or be willing to become, CPR and First Aid certified.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application 2) Resume 3) Cover Letter 4) Supplemental Questions
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs