Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/29/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Services Manager to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an IT Project Services Manager, you will support the Project Delivery Manager to lead and deliver major technology initiatives on behalf of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Department of Human Services (DHS). You will provide management support to project managers, coordinators, business systems analysts, business analysts and administrative staff.
In this role, you will work with the IT Project Delivery Manager to ensure that agency projects with technology components are staffed with the appropriate level of project managers, business analysts and coordinators to implement projects successfully and ensure they are following the appropriate practices. You will partner closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager and other management staff to support the implementation and operationalization of mature project management and business analysis practices. You will also connect disparate work activities to other Office of Information Services (OIS) groups, agency program areas, and State/Federal partners.
Additionally, you will partner with executive-level leaders within and outside of OHA/DHS including federal funding partners, the Department of Administrative Services and the Legislative Fiscal Office. You will advise the OIS Project Solutions IT Director and the OHA/DHS CIO regarding project status, project issues requiring escalation or resolution, and make recommendations on a variety of project related topics.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Project Services Manager, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Six (6) years of experience in supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to IT Project Management. Two (2) years of this experience must have included
supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
o A Bachelor's degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to the program of the employing agency, may be substituted for Three (3) years of the required experience, but will not substitute for the Two (2) years of specialized experience.
• Hands-on experience managing staff with the ability to coach and mentor others.
• Experience with requirements gathering.
• Experience interpreting business rules and requirements for technical systems.
• Experience in business process modeling and design.
• Experience analyzing and evaluating technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute disparate work activities including reporting and oversight of resources assigned to various projects in coordination, document management and administrative support.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Effective research and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to analyze data, assess situations, and provide appropriate responses.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.