Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 07/15/2019
Central City Concern (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. Founded in 1979, the agency has developed a comprehensive continuum of affordable housing options integrated with direct social services including healthcare, mental health counseling, recovery and employment. Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
TITLE: Blackburn Call Center Representative
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Access Services
SALARY: $15.00-$16.50 Hourly
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The Call Center Representative will be the first point of contact for those calling the Blackburn Center. This position will manage incoming calls to Blackburn in a warm, welcoming and trauma informed manner, to quickly identify client’s needs and route or record the call following protocol. The Call Center Representative will assist with scheduling or cancelling appointments in Centricity by following complex scheduling protocols. This position will be responsible for processing incoming mail and routing to the appropriate departments/personnel.
1. Must have High School Diploma or GED or be actively pursuing.
2. Minimum 1+ year recent experience providing call management and clerical support in a
3. Typing of minimum 35 words per minute.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
5. Excellent data entry skills.
6. Ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
7. Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
8. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
9. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift
heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
10. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living
conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes
clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations,
treating each individual with respect and dignity.
CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees (in regular positions over 20 hours per week) valuing at approximately 30% of total compensation. Benefits include Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage and generous paid time off beginning at 4 weeks per year at time of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs