Post Date: 12/04/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Specialist – AP/AR/Purchasing
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for an AP/AR/Purchasing Specialist to provide financial, administrative, and clerical services within the Finance and Accounting office including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and some purchasing responsibilities.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Perform all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
• Process vendor invoices and check requests for payments
• Perform purchase requisition/contract matching and/or ensure all invoices are properly approved and coded; generate purchase requisitions as needed
• Coordinate with appropriate internal staff or external vendors to guarantee accurate and complete processing of all voucher and travel invoices/claims
• Manage weekly and ad hoc check runs
• Maintain external and internal relationships with vendors and employees including solving issues and discrepancies
• Administer and maintain the accounting system vendor files, ensuring accurate information including, but not limited to, addresses and contact information, 1099 data and payment terms are current; as well as annually maintaining removal of outdated vendor files
• Perform the annual year-end 1099 processing, including ensuring accurate and prompt vendor delivery and IRS reporting
• Review and reconcile vendor statements and accounts
• Review and reconcile organization credit card statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures
• Coordinate with outside vendors to ensure business licenses are maintained
• Prepare daily deposits of cash transactions and enter deposit data into the accounting system
• Review, distribute, and file cash receipts
• Print and reconcile employee personal charge accounts and distribute these to staff
• Perform recordkeeping and archiving associated with maintaining and storing financial records
• Run monthly reports as may be required for supporting documentation and high-quality internal controls
• Assist with generating monthly client invoices and post upon approval
• Support year-end annual and ad hoc audits as requested
• Complete special projects as needed
• Provide proactive process improvement
• Provide purchasing support
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• High school graduate or equivalent; Associate degree or equivalent coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or related business/financial area preferred
• Two to three years’ Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience using computerized accounting systems
• Demonstrated business math skills and knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Proficiency with computers, keyboarding, MS Office applications, ten-key
• Demonstrated ability to follow procedures and organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Customer service skills including written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact well with others
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Work in a team environment
• Deltek Costpoint accounting system experience preferred
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03cip/\
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03cip/\