Post Date: 04/06/2020
Close Date: 05/28/2020
This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will be Monday April 20, 2020.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
Hourly Page Range: $48.969102- $62.304665
Starting salaries will be within the posted pay range based on job-related factors such as experience, training and/or education.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
With the Clackamas County Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), you may be eligible for loan forgiveness, re-payment and scholarship opportunities through Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) and/or the Oregon Office of Rural Health (Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program). In addition, there may be options for loan forgiveness while working with a government/public agency with the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This is considered a Part Time position, working 32 hours per week, represented by the Employees' Association.
Although considered Part Time, this position is eligible for Full Time Benefits.
Join one of the leading forces in community health care in the Portland metropolitan area!
Clackamas County Health Centers is looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner, committed to working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
The Nurse Practitioner provides advanced professional health care to clients within an area of specialty, such as family planning, prenatal, pediatric, adult, family or psychiatric care. Nurse Practitioners routinely provide health care which may also be performed by a physician, including prescribing, administering and evaluating the effects of medications.
Clackamas County Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) grantee designated by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Our Federally Qualified Health Centers focus is on surrounding the patient with a multi-disciplinary team that allows a variety of modalities to meet their needs and serve an ethnically and socio¬economically diverse population, ensuring patient access to care.
The Clackamas County Health Centers include: Beavercreek Health Center (Oregon City, OR), Gladstone Health Center (Gladstone, OR), Sandy Health & Wellness Center (Sandy, OR), Sunnyside Health Center (Clackamas, OR) as well as School Based Health Centers.
This position will give you the opportunity to work with a special segment of the community, from urban to rural residents, impacting the health and well-being of all ages, focusing on the patient as an individual, not a number. We are looking for a medical professional that will promote the philosophy of a comprehensive, team-based, accessible, patient-centered medical home model focused on quality and safety.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Excellent leave benefits including 3.6 weeks of vacation, sick leave and 10 paid holidays
• Employer paid 6% retirement contribution ("PERS Pickup")
• Choice of three comprehensive medical and dental plans, including Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
• Chiropractic Coverage and Alternative Care Benefit
• Robust wellness programs including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Continuing Medical Education (CME)
• DEA certification fees are waived while working as a prescriber at the County's Federally Qualified Health Centers
• Medical Malpractice insurance covered under FQHC
• Loan forgiveness, re-payment and scholarship opportunities through Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), Oregon Office of Rural Health (Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Oregon and general work experience as an RN
• Licensed and Board Certified as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive privileges by the State of Oregon and experience working in a Family Nurse Practitioner role
• DEA registration certificate with Schedule 2 and Schedule 3 privileges (must have within 30 days of hire)
• BLS Certification
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. Learn more about the County's drug testing policy.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County's driving policy
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
1. Conducts physical examinations and/or mental health assessments; interviews clients and families to obtain mental health and medical histories; performs, orders and interprets diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests; develops and implements treatment plans; makes referrals to other health care providers and social service agencies.
2. Prescribes and administers medications within legally established formulary; evaluates patient response to medication; educates clients regarding medication risks and benefits.
3. Participates in clinic operations and quality assurance activities; evaluates and recommends improvements to health care services; assists in the formation and review of clinical protocols, policies and procedures; participates in continuing education and in-service training.
4. Documents client contacts; completes client evaluations, case summaries, chart notes, consultations, work plan activities, intake and termination papers, billing documentation and correspondence.
5. Consults with health service providers, group homes, schools and community groups on health care issues; develops and presents education materials.
6. Within the family planning and prenatal specialties: examines, diagnoses and treats routine obstetric and gynecological diseases and conditions; provides counseling and instruction on obstetrics, nutrition, sexuality, family planning, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases, parenting, family life and menopause.
7. Within the pediatric specialty: conducts regular physical examinations of infants and children; evaluates growth and development; diagnoses and treats routine childhood illnesses; counsels parents on child health care and development; determines immunization needs.
8. Within the adult and family specialties: provides diagnostic assessment, management and follow-up to men, women and children with acute medical and psychosocial disorders; teaches general health care, hygiene and first aid.
9. Within the psychiatric specialty: provides individual, group and crisis psychotherapy to mental health clients and their families; leads medication, socialization and family support groups.
Thorough Knowledge of: Principles and practices of advanced nursing; medications and their standard clinical usages; diagnostic techniques; available community resources; case management methods and techniques; rules, laws, regulations and ethics governing the medical management of patients.
Working Knowledge of: Office equipment, including personal computers and software programs.
Skill to: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; assess and diagnose physical and/or mental health conditions; prescribe and administer medication within legally established formulary; diagnose, evaluate and implement a treatment plan and monitor the client's progress toward established goals; analyze and evaluate social, psychological and physical factors affecting clients and their families; treat clients and their families to enhance their social, psychological and physical functioning; prepare and deliver oral presentations to the public, community groups and other health care professionals; work cooperatively as a member of a professional health care team to diagnose and treat clients; keep accurate and timely records; operate computer software and other office equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This position works 32 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday. Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications. Please attach your Resume/CV and Cover Letter.
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105400&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant