Post Date: 02/15/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Are you passionate about social justice? Are you looking for a job that combines caseload management with person-centered service delivery?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! UCP supports adults with a variety of intellectual/developmental disabilities, supporting them to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re consistently ranked as one of the best non-profit employers in Oregon.
UCP Oregon is currently seeking a Personal Agent (caseload manager) who will work in our intellectual/developmental disabilities support services brokerage, ¬¬which is known as UCP Connections.
As a Personal Agent, you’ll support a caseload of 37-39 adults; they all live independently in the community and experience a wide array of developmental disabilities. Many have diverse cultural backgrounds and experiences, some may also experience mental health conditions and addictions, or be youth transitioning into adulthood.
You’ll assist them (and their families) to navigate the support services system, including using person-centered planning techniques to assess their needs and develop plans and goals; securing resources and services (in areas such as employment, housing, crisis, and direct support providers); and addressing their health and safety needs.
You will advocate with and on behalf of the people you support. You will provide problem-solving (sometimes on an urgent basis) for your caseload. You will also manage intensive paperwork, including plan development, billing, caseload files, and correspondence. Finally, you’ll monitor the quality of services, and ensure choice and independence.
You’ll have the chance to make a big difference every day, and will be part of a supportive and fun team.
Hours & Location:
• This is a 40-hour a week job. Typical schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm but may vary depending on clients’ needs. Additional hours will rarely be required.
• You will spend part of your day at our office which is located near NE 102nd Avenue & Burnside, but you will also drive to meetings all over Multnomah and Clackamas counties.
• $21.00 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• Dental insurance available at your own cost.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks of paid time off after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Paid mileage.
• Company cellphone.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work experience in developmental disabilities, social services, mental health or a related field; or high school diploma/GED and 5 years work experience in developmental disabilities, social services, mental health or related field.
• Able to drive on the clock, which means that you are at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Must pass a reference check and criminal history background check.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer self-determination and personalized support.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Personal Agent (Caseload Manager)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html