Post Date: 03/14/2019
Close Date: 04/18/2019
Meals on Wheels People is seeking a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, a strong desire to learn and the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines to join our Finance team in the role of Senior Accounting Technician. The successful candidate has a solid understanding of inventory control, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Someone who is highly dependable, attentive to detail, proactive, meticulously organized and able to work gracefully under pressure.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for accounting, mentoring and continuing to grow their skills and career. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment and enjoy being and helping others to be successful, Meals on Wheels People may be a fit for you.
Performs complex accounting support and administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents and records, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and inventory control. Trains the Accounting Technician. Plans the separation of work between the two positions to balance the workload.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hrs/wk
Starting Pay Range: $18.25-21.75 per hour
Location: Resource Center (Multnomah Village)
Senior Accounting Technician Skills, Abilities & Experience:
• Minimum three years of experience
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience with Sage or other integrated financial system required
• Ability to train and evaluate clerical personnel
• Extremely organized with acute focus on detail and error free work
• A committed team player with the ability to work independently or in a team and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Meals on Wheels People Benefits:
Meals on Wheels People offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, 401(k), life, short and long-term disability insurance, wellness program, a generous paid off program and more!
Complete details: https://www.mowp.org/our-story/careers/