Post Date: 06/15/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Bond Public Involvement & Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09432
Location: Capitol Park
Address: 9700 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level K; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $66,472 to range mid-point of $81,428. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $66,472 to $96,383)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by July 13, 2018
Portland Community College is looking for a Bond Public Involvement and Stakeholder Engagement Manager who under the direction of the Department Director, leads public and stakeholder engagement involvement in the planning and implementation of the district-wide bond program. In consultation with College administrators and executives, plans and executes a comprehensive public involvement and stakeholder engagement strategy that engages the public and internal college community in the development of bond-funded capital projects and that advances the College's mission and district-wide community engagement and marketing goals.
This is a temporary position for the duration of the bond which ends on June 30, 2022.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
-June 14: Job Announcement Published
-July 13: Application Deadline for Best Consideration
-Week of August 27: Semi-finalist interviews
-Week of September 10: Finalist On-Campus Interviews
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Designs and implements public participation plans for capital bond projects in alignment with district-wide College goals. Identifies stakeholders and researches issues. Designs the scope of public participation in decision-making and public participation objectives in consultation with the key college Executives. Coordinates with bond project managers, college advancement, and the campus community relations managers to integrate external and internal stakeholder participation. Evaluates the results of public involvement and modifies the plan.
2. Leads the design and implementation of public participation techniques in coordination with College and Campus staff, bond project staff and contractors. Conducts and facilitates community workshops, advisory committees, focus groups, and other community meetings. Assists in the development of surveys. Coordinates with community groups, businesses, neighborhood associations, and government agencies. Builds relationships with stakeholders.
3. In collaboration with bond team, college advancement, and campus/center staff, plans communications with the public about the progress and outcomes of the bond program, including the bond program website, news releases, newsletters, factsheets, blogs, etc. Ensures communications to the public support participation goals and are aligned with district-wide College objectives.
4. In collaboration with Community Relations, College Advancement, and campus/center staff, plans special events related to bond construction.
5. Supervise administrative technical/support staff, academic professionals, casual employees and independent contractors. May hire, evaluate, train, discipline and discharge staff as necessary.
6. Plans and manages budget for public participation, public information and outreach within the bond program.
7. Provides technical assistance to College faculty and staff on public participation issues.
8. Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, public administration, planning, communications, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Three years of related progressively responsible, professional experience related to area of assignment including two years of supervisory experience.
Note to Applicants
- For new employees, Official Transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for all degrees stated in the minimum qualifications.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Demonstrated experience with the development, implementation and evaluation of thoughtful and inclusive communication and engagement plans - for a complex and multi-faceted project or program.
- Culturally responsive communication and interpersonal skills ? written and verbal - with diverse audiences at all levels. Demonstrated success using both facts and emotional intelligence to provide the appropriate communication and response.
- Demonstrated success establishing communication connections / partnerships - with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work collaboratively with a wide diversity of people, organizations and communities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, while dealing effectively with regular interruptions and issues.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving leadership; able to respond effectively to ensure continued engagement and constructive follow-up in times of conflict and sensitivity.
- Experience with the development of marketing collateral; including design, writing and photography for print and electronic delivery.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1241143
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1241143