Post Date: 02/05/2020
Close Date: 03/05/2020
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Senior/Principal Customer Experience Specialist
Customer Experience develops and facilitates improvements to journeys customers take with PGE by seeking to build experiences based on insights about and empathy towards the customer. As Customer Experience Specialist, you will have the opportunity to effect positive change and improvement in the customer experience. This position will be responsible for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of processes, identifying key performance indicators and developing and facilitating continuous improvements in the customer experience.
Our ideal candidate is someone with strong communication and collaboration skills, and great at problem solving. If you are someone who can use data analytics and customer research to drive results, is great at stakeholder engagement, and is skilled in the art of negotiation, this may be the job for you.
What you will work on:
Planning and Analysis
• Meet with supervisors and managers.
• Analyze business needs and identifies potential cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Scope potential initiatives to forecast the anticipated benefits and resource needs of each. Develop departmental continuous improvement plan and collaborates with other departments to determine resource constraints and points of overlap.
• Negotiate for resources.
• Maintain repository and road map of continuous improvement activities.
• Decide which stakeholders to engage and how.
• Plan and implement improvement initiatives.
• Identify objectives, develop project plans, success metrics and acceptance criteria.
• Decide when project meets acceptance criteria. Identify risks and notify project sponsors. Recommend mitigation strategies and escalates issues.
• Research operational best practices and makes recommendations.
• Develop and communicate project plans, reports and status updates.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in process improvement to employees and supervisors.
At the Principal level eight or more years in customer experience, process improvement, project management or related field. At the Senior level, five or more years in customer experience, process improvement, project management or related field. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
PGE supports career progression; the position will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate’s applicable skills and experience.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please visit www.portlandgeneral.com/careers to complete an employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.