Post Date: 12/30/2019
Close Date: 01/17/2020
SUMMARY: The Development Associate is responsible for the gift processing, receipting, tracking and gift acknowledgment functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential responsibilities include gift processing, project managing acknowledgements, database coordination, VP and development team support. The position duties include:
Database Gift Processing
• Prepare gifts for processing
• Deposit checks to bank daily
• Segment and prepare daily gift batches for distribution and sign-off
• Coordinate and execute gift batch entry and posting into the database
• Prepare and deliver gift batch entry collateral for Finance
• Process and track matching gifts, stock transfer info, IRA distributions, soft credit via donor advised fund, etc.
• Data extraction and segmentation
• “Quality engineering” process to find and implement efficiencies
• Customizing and printing letters
• Distributing and project managing letter signatures
• Mailing letters in a timely and organized manner
• Pull reports and queries from the Tessitura database
• Routine and case-by-case data extraction
• Database hygiene
• Maintain records of gifts, transmittals and receipts in database and hard copy files
• Contact donors on an as needed basis to maintain up to date contact and gift processing information
VP and Development Team Support
• Manage routing documents/lists to the Development team for review
• Manage InSymphony magazine data and monthly edits from team
• Coordination and execution of prospect research including obituary research
• VP support (creating and maintaining a call list, calendar assistance)
• Support for events
• Backup support for donor cultivation and stewardship
• Answering the phone at the front desk
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; basic understanding of fundraising and 1-3 years of related experience preferred.
• Language Skills: Ability to write clearly with proper spelling and grammar to produce gift acknowledgments. Ability to speak effectively to donors, Board members, employees, vendors and others.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and averages.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to organize systems, coordinate deadlines, handle logistics, interpret instructions provided in writing, orally or in diagram form.
• Computer Skills: Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to use Adobe Pro; ability to use or learn quickly the donor/ticketing database software (Tessitura). Ability to research on the internet.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional attention to detail and efficient proofing skills to note and track gifts of all types and sizes and note any errors.
• Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities, including donors and potential donors, Board of Directors, volunteers, Symphony musicians, other staff, conductors, and guest performers.
• Pleasant manner and phone voice; customer- service oriented.
• Comfortable to greet all types of guests and have keen awareness to safety concerns.
• Ability to work effectively and gracefully under pressure.
To inquire, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.
Complete details: https://www.orsymphony.org/about/careers/