Post Date: 05/13/2020
Close Date: 06/03/2020
Professional Engineer 1 – Rose Quarter Roadway Engineer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are recruiting for agency critical positions at this time using virtual tools and processes such as video and phone interviewing to support social or physical distancing. We are also continuing to evaluate the situation and may extend or place recruitments on hold as appropriate. Current applicants for affected positions will be notified.
Do you have experience designing and preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates for complex highway construction projects? Our Urban Mobility Office is seeking a roadway engineer to review and coordinate the approval of roadway design analysis and solutions for the I-5 Rose Quarter Improvement Project.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
A day in the life:
- Participate in developing safe and efficient transportation systems for Rose Quarter Project planning and development efforts.
- Assist the Rose Quarter senior traffic engineer in determining and directing agency and project consultant staff.
- Advise management in the appropriate traffic control strategies, devices and related planning studies and traffic analyses.
- Analyze new design alternatives, cost-efficient solutions and traffic control strategies.
- Provide expert opinions and recommendations on complex roadway design engineering and planning strategies.
- Share technical procedures and recommendations for all roadway engineering disciplines that have direct impact on highway design.
- Review and collaborate on project special provisions, construction cost estimates and plans sets.
- Participate in design integration, sub-team meetings and pre-bid meetings as necessary.
- Provide support to local agency as needed for project coordination.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of written communications.
- Review all applicable roadway-related correspondences, plans, specifications, special provisions and technical reports for consistency with current policies and guidelines.
- Work is performed in both office and outdoor environments with occasional travel required.
- Position requires the ability to perform both office and outdoor work.
What we need:
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural or transportation-related engineering.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
- Experience designing and preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates for complex highway construction projects, including those associated with alternative contracting techniques such as design-build, CM/GC, or A+B (+C).
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while communicating with high-profile individuals and the public in a tactful and professional manner.
- Experience reviewing and managing consultants work products to ensure compliance with ODOT design standards, policies and guidelines.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-40470 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer