Post Date: 05/24/2019
Close Date: 07/14/2019
Are you passionate about providing care and education to the community? How about developing plans of care in coordination with clients and other agencies? If so, Come Lead with Us by joining our Disease Control and Prevention Program within the Department of Health and Human Services as a Community Health Nurse II.
As a Disease Control and Prevention Community Health Nurse II, you will join a team of HIV/STI disease investigators that are committed to providing consultation and case management to prevent and monitor HIV/STI within Washington County; to persons at risk of HIV/STI and other health care professionals regarding disease prevention practices and control measures.
The successful candidate will monitor and contribute surveillance data to identify emerging public health concerns; ensure that all reported gonorrhea or syphilis cases are offered HIV testing, referrals into PrEP, and other prevention services; and linking HIV + individuals to care and ensuring the continuity of their care. Additional duties include, harm reduction testing, wound care and referrals for persons at risk for HIV, Hepatitis C and other infectious diseases; providing culturally appropriate and supportive outreach and testing services in the field and in collaboration with community based organizations.
Education and Experience:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of nursing; OR
• An Associate's Degree or Diploma in nursing, college-level coursework in the social sciences, and additional nursing training within a public health curriculum including completion of a Public Health Nursing Certificate program (or equivalent); AND
• Two (2) years increasingly responsible experience in community or public health nursing or related settings.
Additional Licenses, Certificates, Physical Abilities and Specialty Requirements:
• Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Oregon.
• Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Oregon and an acceptable driving record.
• A criminal background check may be required of some positions.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: www.washcojobs.org. This posting will close on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.