Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 03/29/2020
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas. In 2019, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all customers we serve. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Sr. Program Manager – Commercial manages the delivery of Energy Trust commercial energy efficiency programs. The role includes developing annual budgets and savings goals, effectively managing the program budget, developing, driving, and implementing program strategies, managing program management contractors, and reporting results to internal and external audiences. The role also includes supervision of the Program staff managing the Multi-Family program and the Commercial Energy Performance Management (EPM) program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directly manage all aspects of design and implementation for a complex set of offerings and contracts comprising the Existing Buildings program including strategic planning, budgeting, program design, pilot and evaluation of new program initiatives and reporting.
• Oversee Program Management Contractor (PMC) and associated contract development. This includes developing requests for proposals (RFPs) and scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and managing the execution of the contracts, ensuring contract deliverables, savings and supporting activities are executed on time and within budget.
• Supervise the Program staff managing Multi-Family and Commercial EPM programs. Ensure that all program design, strategy, marketing and implementation activities of the Existing Buildings program are synchronized with Multi-Family and SEM program activities.
• Work with Program staff on strategy, budgeting and reporting as necessary to manage Multi-Family and EPM as Existing Building subprograms.
• Provide senior advisory role and leadership to facilitate a coordinated Commercial and Industrial Lighting offering.
• Direct program implementation tasks delegated to Energy Trust staff, contractors, and program allies.
• Work with renewables staff to successfully integrate and implement renewable offerings into Existing Buildings program with available resources.
• Oversee see all aspects of program operations including using the program tracking system to process incentive payments and generate program tracking reports.
• Manage a variety of complex contracts, ensuring deliverable are attained and fiduciary standards are met by contractors and supervised staff.
• Write and present reports to Energy Trust staff, advisory committees, and the Board of Directors.
• Provide project management and customer relations for special commercial projects.
• Assist in program evaluations and reviews.
• Represent Energy Trust interests at public events, and with stakeholders, market actors and outside groups and boards.
• As needed serve on relevant public boards and committees. Coordinate multiple delivery channels across market segments other regional efforts such as those by NEEA and BPA.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
• Position will hire and directly manage Commercial sector staff.
• Position will hire and direct the work of multiple external contractors, suppliers and/or vendors in the course of managing specific programs and other efforts.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, architecture, or environmental science preferred) or equivalent experience – preferred.
• 8 years of experience in program design and management, technical engineering field or project management with emphasis on energy efficiency and/or renewables.
• 2 years of demonstrated experience managing complex contracts.
• 2 years of experience in staff supervision.
• Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams, managing contractor networks and/or directly supervising staff.
• Experience in all phases of hiring and managing contractors, from internal approval of funding, writing scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, to managing the execution of the contract.
• Knowledge of energy technology, energy markets, principles of financial and energy savings analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage and deliver complex technical projects, including project direction, contractor management, quality of technical analyses, and production of clear decision documents.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications.
• Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills. In particular, ability to analyze complex technical and market issues and succinctly convey conclusions in general terms understandable to diverse technical and public audiences.
• Strong mathematical and technical skills.
• Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams to both achieve their needs and extract needed information.
• CEM or ability to acquire CEM credential upon meeting qualification standards.
• Customer service and skills experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
• Competitive benefits package.
• Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Sr. Program Manager - Commercial
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/careers/sr-program-manager-commercial/