Post Date: 11/04/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
The Corporate Performance & ERM Consultant advises in the direction of organizational activities and actions to identify and evaluate critical corporate performance priorities and/or challenges and drives action on these priorities through short and long-range performance management. Key team member responsible for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program through assessing and monitoring the various risk categories and the risk level as it changes. Identifies and reports on business risk issues, interviews business leaders to educate and solicit input, development of meeting agendas, taking notes, following up on action items, maintaining policies and procedures, monitoring key enterprise risks and preparing Board reports.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Provides guidance, recommendations, and support to leadership and corporate performance team members with respect to measure selection, definition, targets, scorecard development, and alignment of departmental objectives.
• Develops and delivers training job aids, and tutorials on risk assessment methods and systems for Cambia Health Solutions’ leadership and employees.
• Drafting presentations to senior leadership and board of directors, assists the Director as needed in the delivery of those presentations.
• Develops and maintains the ERM framework of policies and operating procedures.
• Interviews business leaders to inform them of the ERM mission and solicit their input on their business line risk issues along with estimates of severity of the risk and potential remediation measures.
• Drive the ERM Governance program that is designed to proactively and systematically identify, assess, monitor, report, and escalate significant operational risks.
• Evaluate issues and risks of various severity, complexity, and controls to ensure items are in compliance with risk-based policies, procedures, and controls, and related governance and reporting frameworks.
• Serves as the key coordinator for the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
• Gathers risk-related data from internal and/or external resources and maintains data and develop reports in GRC software.
• Maintains and updates ERM framework and supporting policies and procedures.
• Researches and implements changes bases on Enterprise Risk Management trends and emerging practices.
• Plans, and contributes to the development of risk management and corporate performance systems.
Work closely with the business leaders to provide advice and guidance on operational risk and process decisions; ensure ongoing operational risk-taking activities remain consistent with the ERM program parameters and all policies and procedures.
• Conducts management interviews and coordinates risk management and corporate performance activities.
• The Corporate Performance & ERM Consultant would have a Bachelor’s degree in risk management, audit, compliance or related discipline along with 6-8 years’ experience in risk management corporate performance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency with governance, risk management and compliance software is preferred.
• Proven ability to influence and drive outcomes on a variety of activities utilizing sound judgement and creative approaches and solutions.
• Demonstrated competency with scorecard planning concepts and execution.
• Demonstrated competency with risk management concepts, identification and mitigation.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels in the organization, including the C-suite.
• Ability to partner with other functions to assess organizational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Demonstrated knowledge of external environment impacting the business.
• Ability to work with business leaders to align business unit plans and allocate resources to corporate strategies and risks.
• Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
• Must possess critical thinking skills to analyze issues and risks, conduct root cause analyses, and eventually determine effectiveness of issue remediation plans. This includes being able to comfortably challenge and defend his/her position in a professional manner with senior leaders.
• Proven ability facilitating meetings and interacting with all levels of management, including executives.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.