Post Date: 07/29/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the 100 best non-profit employers in Oregon.
We are currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support an adult woman that experiences developmental disabilities. She is an independent, charming, and quirky lady that lives in her own apartment in SE Portland. This is a great job for students; there is plenty of downtime during each shift and you are able to sleep through the night.
You will do at least one fun community activity per shift—whether that’s visiting a bookstore or attending a local parade. You will prepare all of her meals (including monitoring her caloric intake), perform household chores, and provide light personal assistance as she dresses and bathes herself. You will also provide emotional supports by providing positive reinforcement and helping her manage her OCD.
You’ll work two shifts per week, totaling 40 hours per week: 10am on Sunday through 4pm on Monday (a 30-hour shift) and 8am on Friday through 6pm (a 10-hour shift). *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• $13.00 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Be able to drive on the job: must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Experience in the developmental disability or mental health field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Endearing, Quirky Woman (SE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/E1CBEE337D