Post Date: 02/20/2019
Close Date: 03/20/2019
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
As a Building Porter you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the cleanliness of all interior and exterior areas of the property. Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris, pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: community rooms, laundry rooms, mail rooms, dumpster areas, recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of entrance, walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• interior and exterior painting;
• cleaning apartments and common areas;
• checking and replacing exterior lighting;
• removing litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds;
• removing abandoned furniture, trash and boxes;
• detailing property including cleaning and raking shrub areas and keeping sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush;
• repairing and replacing window screens;
• assisting with various physical tasks as directed e.g., digging holes, tearing down fences;
• assisting with "make-ready" duties; cleaning and maintaining storage areas;
• distributing resident communications;
• performing work area clean-up and safety related duties
• Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster.
• Pick-up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
• Detail property on regular basis. Rake shrubs, shovel mud, when necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clear of loose grass and brush.
• Use blower to keep sidewalks, curbs and walking areas clear of loose grass and brush.
• Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed.
• Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
• Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
• Pad Elevators for Move In/ Move Out
• Post Notices as Requested
You will be expected to conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws, including but not limited to OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, Title VII, etc.
All employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Other Qualities:
• Ability to work independently and willingness to learn. Must have good communication abilities.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one to four step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
Ability to use:
• Ability to use hand tools: various wrenches, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
• Ability to use user-moved aids: wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
Position is not supervisory in nature.
Experience, Training, and Education
• No formal training required, just a willingness to work and learn.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constantly outdoors, all conditions, often for extended period (66% to 100% of time). Frequently indoors (33% to 66% of time). Occasional exposure (1% to 33% of time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. (Example - apartments during/after make-ready, painting duties, etc.) Occasional need (1% to 33% of time) to work in awkward or confining positions.
This position includes working weekends (Wednesday - Sunday schedule).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8eac866a-86e5-40d5-83f0-a528b0d6cff4&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings