Post Date: 08/01/2019
Close Date: 08/28/2019
Close date: 8/28/2019
Salary: $3494 - $5088 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), HIV, STD and TB Section is recruiting for a bilingual CAREAssist Case Worker within the CAREAssist program, Oregon’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program. The goal of the HIV, STD and TB Section is to educate Oregonians about the impact of HIV, STD and TB infections; to assist in the development of local and national public policy related to the prevention and care of these infections; and to coordinate with and inform other agencies of the services available to persons affected by these diseases. The mission of the CAREAssist program is to facilitate access to HIV care and treatment for eligible Oregonians. In Oregon, this is achieved by reducing the financial barriers to care and treatment by assisting clients with out-of-pocket medical expenses.
What will you do?
As a CAREAssist Case Worker, you will maintain a caseload of English and Spanish-speaking Oregonians living with HIV. Your primary responsibility will be to assist clients in the application process and determine their eligibility for the program in accordance with state and federal requirements. In collaboration with community partners, you will provide individualized client level care coordination services and other assistance to maintain access to medical care and HIV treatment through the AIDS Drug Assistance Program. This includes the provision of benefits counseling and direct assistance with applications for public and private insurance and other financial assistance programs. Utilizing your experience with clients, you will also provide information for improvements to program policies and procedures.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a dynamic team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to improve the health of Oregonians living with HIV. Do you have experience determining program eligibility and facilitating access to services and benefits? Do you have knowledge of public and private insurance processes? Have you worked with vulnerable populations? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, behavioral or social sciences or a degree related to the program that demonstrates the knowledge and skills OR any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements for the position. (NOTE: The specific job-related experience or education requirements will be listed by the recruiting program based on the position under recruitment.)
• Bilingual Spanish/English – speaking, reading and writing
• Experience and/or training as a case manager
• Experience in assessing needs, determining program eligibility and facilitating access to services and benefits through direct service provision or information and referral
• Experience and/or training as a Certified Application Counselor in Oregon or other experience/training related to public and private health insurance
• Experience working with vulnerable populations
• Knowledge of the Ryan White program and services
• Ability to work in a team, with a high level of emotional intelligence and personal awareness to contribute to a culture of feedback in the office and with external partners.
• Experience promoting a diverse work environment through cultural humility.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions: