Post Date: 05/21/2020
Close Date: 06/06/2020
Do you have a passion for contributing your skills to support non-profit work developing affordable housing and ending homelessness? Do you have a commitment to community development and social justice?
Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) seeks a multi-talented individual for the role of Operations Manager. This person will have a wide variety of managerial duties and will join an existing administrative staff of 3 and an organizational staff of 45.
This is a 40 hour/week exempt position. Starting salary range for this position is $65,000-$80,000 depending on experience.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and references at: https://nwhousing.org.sutihr.com/jobs. This position will remain open through June 5th, 2020.
Required skills and qualifications for this position include:
• Provide coaching and development guidance, and supervision of the administrative team.
• Support and maintain a variety of administrative policies and procedures, in a range of topics including information systems, staff organizational compliance, business development, and business continuity.
• Maintain and develop NHA’s procedures in coaching, professional development, and other retention strategies, with a focus on ethical and visionary leadership.
• Ability to triage, prioritize, and coordinate with an offsite IT consultant to address more complex technical issues. Additionally, provide desktop and laptop IT support to NHA’s end users.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Hands-on capability in a full range of business functions and systems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, especially the ability to convey complex or technical information in clear English.
• Working understanding of LAN and physical and virtual servers. Extensive end user support in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
• Excellent health coverage as well as Alternative Care, Dental, and Vision. NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents
• 7% match after the first year of employment for our 403(b) plan with immediate vesting
• Generous vacation and sick leave
• 4 weeks of paid parental leave
As we center our work on racial equity, diversity, and inclusion, this position will play a key role in the planning, learning, changing, reviewing, and implementing of our work to become an anti-racist organization, dismantle institutional racism, and build strong partnerships with culturally-specific organizations.
Complete details: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs