Post Date: 09/26/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in Oregon and the United States. This position will reside in our Portland office, and is responsible for providing support to the firm’s attorneys as a member of the firm’s Pricing and Legal Project Management Group. The ideal candidate is a team-player with a customer-service attitude, strong technology skills, strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities. Our Pricing Database Analyst will play a key role in building data sources and analytical tools to help with business development, improving the firm’s profitability and spurring practice innovation. At Stoel Rives, you will find challenging work assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of innovation.
1. Work closely with the Legal Database Specialist, Pricing Director, attorneys, and others at the firm to develop useful data sources for various purposes, including price estimates.
2. Help design, build, and implement robust benchmarking and analytical tools and capabilities needed to support the development, approval, and ongoing evaluation of profitable alternative fee arrangements.
3. Help build and implement analytical tools to support the development of engagement plans and budgets, and the reporting tools and procedures to enable effective real-time monitoring against those plans.
4. Be a resource for pricing-related matters. Provide coaching, advice, and support to lawyers and others involved in pricing proposals and approvals, advancing pricing as a strategic tool to build and enhance client relationships.
5. Play a key role in innovating the practice of law to deliver legal services to clients more efficiently and profitably.
6. Help provide ongoing education about legal project management.
Other duties as assigned.
Must have strong computer skills, especially with SQL, Elite tables, Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects InfoView, macros and SSRS. Must possess the following capabilities: excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills required; strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize or manage multiple projects at once, while maintaining appropriate attention to detail; excellent judgment, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills; creative and innovative thinker. Must have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Must have the ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work product under tight deadlines. Must have experience with the structured use of phase and task-based billing and data mapping.
Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, and telephone many times daily. Must have the ability to communicate complex information and ideas successfully and efficiently to all levels of personnel, frequently without prior preparation. Must be able to rapidly analyze, anticipate consequences, decide, initiate action, determine follow-through, and take corrective action. Must be able to read, interpret, and understand written and verbal information, present ideas effectively, sometimes under pressure, and maintain stable performance, sometimes under time constraints or opposition.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree is required. Project Management certification or related work experience preferred. Prior experience as a legal practitioner, pricing analyst, or legal project manager at a professional services or law firm preferred.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is exempt. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To apply please visit our website: https://www.stoel.com/about-stoel-rives/careers/administrative-business-professionals/openings
Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.