Post Date: 10/15/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Human Resources Assistant
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1143
Do you enjoy coordinating people and getting them from point A to point B? Are you a highly-detailed communicator with a passion for helping people do nonprofit work? Do people describe you as calm, even in the face of changing priorities? If that’s a yes, come join our vibrant HR team! We work hard, have fun, and make a difference every day.
The HR Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for onboarding of new staff including all phases of the background check process and verification of all credentials. They also provide general HR support to the department in a variety of functional areas.
The successful candidate must be organized and have prior experience with coordinating details with other departments. They must be able to maintain confidentiality, communicate effectively, and be able to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, including following up with others to bring projects to timely completion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedule background checks for new hires, interns and temporary staff. Coordinate with program management to confirm employment start date. Maintain system to renew background checks for existing staff. Throughout the process maintain communication with employee/candidate, the BCU and program management to ensure the process continues to move forward and appropriate forms are provided and received.
• Track staff credentials, following established guidelines. Verify licenses, certifications and education credentials in appropriate databases as mandated and update employee electronic and physical records in a timely manner
• Prepare and deliver Intern orientation sessions; provide backup coverage for new hire Orientations.
• Monitor the shared HR email inbox. Assist employees with general HR questions; direct questions to others as appropriate. Distribute mail for the department.
• Respond to requests for verification of employment, references, and other inquiries.
• Provide general support to HR department in areas such as recruiting, onboarding, benefits, trainings, etc.
• Accurately enter data in the HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now).
• Build and maintain employee files in an accurate and timely manner.
Education and Work Experience:
• One year of work experience in an HR department OR detail-oriented, administrative office setting.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Intermediate computer skills using databases, word processing, spreadsheets, reporting and email.
• Experience with credentialing in a behavioral health/social services environment strongly preferred.
• College-level coursework in human resources management is preferred.
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification helpful.
• Bilingual Spanish language skills: written, spoken and read.
• Must pass DHS criminal history background check
• May occasionally work outside of regularly scheduled business hours
Starting Pay Range:
Human Resources Assistant: $15.75 - $17.34
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through an alternate website without enabled links, please visit:
https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Human Resources Assistant” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/human-resources-assistant/