Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Multiple positions available
Regular, Full-Time and Regular, Part-Time
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking applications for the Custodian position, who will provide custodial and support services for all OMSI facilities, activities, and events.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
• Provide general custodial service as assigned or needed utilizing best practice for safety, efficiency, and environmental concerns.
• Support the set up and teardown of OMSI events.
• Clean and stock lavatories, including toilets and sinks, mirrors, walls and dispensers to ensure proper sanitary conditions and good appearance.
• Empty and clean wastebaskets and dispose of waste.
• Sweep, vacuum and mop floors, carpets and walkways. Extracts carpets as assigned.
• Wash windows and glass throughout the facility to assure good appearance and visibility.
What you’ll need:
• Knowledge of proper methods, techniques, materials, disinfectants, tools and equipment used in modern custodial work.
• Interpersonal skills using patience, tact, and courtesy.
• Ability to operate and maintain custodial equipment.
• Safety best practices and work methods.
• Requires working 8 AM – 4:30 PM, 3 PM – 11:30 PM, 10 PM – 6:30 AM or a similar 8-hour shift, including weekends and holidays.
• Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate events and activities.
• Minimum 6 months of custodial / housekeeping experience.
• Minimum 6 months of customer service experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Hourly rate between $12.80 - $13.36, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits. (Full-Time position only)
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay! (Full-Time position only)
• Oregon Sick pay (Part-Time position only)
• Free OMSI annual membership.
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 25 Oregon attractions!
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/ to learn more or apply!
Positions open until filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/