Post Date: 01/11/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Information Technology Desktop Analyst
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: DA-925
The primary responsibility of the Information Technology Desktop Analyst as a customer service-oriented role is to assist staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, networks, and related technology. Support includes installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. This position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, routers, switches and associated equipment. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. This position is also responsible for creating and escalating trouble tickets to other IT team members and Facilities staff. The position utilizes 1-on-1 consultancy with end users utilizing independent analysis, communication and problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Field incoming help requests from end users via web site, e-mail, telephone and walk in visits in a courteous and professional manner
• Document all pertinent end users’ information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from end users
• Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when required) to the appropriate technician or staff
• Perform Cell phone account maintenance, device setup and troubleshooting
• Management of all technology hardware and software inventory
• Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
• Assist in the daily maintenance of voice and data network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WiFi, VoIP and NICs
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked question resources on the Internet and internal knowledge base to aid in problem resolution
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
• Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions/answers for employees and team members
• Develop an understanding of the unique technology requirements that exist within the organization
• Suggest and advocate technology solutions and enhancements that meet the need of the business
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• IT education/degree or related experience.
• 5 years’ experience hands-on Desktop Support Analyst/Technician.
• Experience providing IT services to multi-location, standardized environment.
• Knowledge of non-profit organizations.
• Bilingual in the Spanish Language, written, spoken and read.
• Must pass a DHS criminal history background.
• Blood borne pathogen training first day of employment.
• Works up to 40 hours a week; position may require flexible hours.
• Employee will travel to attend meetings, deliver trainings or deliver other services at various Morrison worksites from Portland to Albany. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes, must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate liability policy.
Starting Pay Rate:
Desktop Analyst: $20.68-$21.17
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “DA-925” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Desktop Analyst position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/it-desktop-analyst/