Post Date: 12/02/2019
Close Date: 12/11/2019
Job Posting: HP#2020-66
Position: Planning Administrative Support Specialist
2 Year Limited Duration – Digital Archiving Project
$44,675 - $58,789 annually depending on qualifications.
Starting Salary Range: $44,675 - $54,354
Full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
Close: December 11, 2019
Persons who are not current City of Hillsboro employees are welcome to apply through our online application process found here: www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs. Email applications will not be accepted for external applicants.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro’s Planning Department has an opportunity that is truly an organizers dream! This two-year project will help the City by digitizing the public records that helped form our community – our land use records. If you are one who can relate to the motto, “A place for everything, and everything in its place”, this is definitely the job for you.
The Administrative Support Specialist will handle archived paper copies of permanent land use records and scan the contents to create accurate permanent digital records. This project ensures these records are more accessible within the digital world; improving public access and transparency. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all paper copies are digitized at their best possible quality, completely and accurately, therefore attention to detail is critical.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Prepares, indexes and scans all hard copy records including documents and plans of various sizes according to specific requirements.
• Is detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
• Is comfortable working within a consistent daily routine, self-motivated, and has the ability to work independently in quiet spaces.
• Asks assistance when needed and routinely collaborates with others to ensure quality.
• Uploads all documents scanned into a web-based database.
• Performs quality checks on all documents scanned on a computer; detects image errors, determines the cause, and corrects any errors.
• Maintains organization of digitized and hard copy files.
• At times, provides back up to the Administrative Staff within the Planning Department assisting internal and external customers by answering telephones, fielding customer inquiries, and various administrative support duties as assigned.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in the class is to provide support for internal and/or external customers. As assigned, incumbents handle subject matter-specific department-specific support; provide customer service; schedule appointments; perform bookkeeping and cashiering functions; coordinate event and meeting logistics and provide summaries; and, perform report compilation activities. As assigned, prepares specific documentation and correspondence for a designated function; answers phone, email and in-person inquiries; performs data entry; and provides general administrative support as needed.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High School Diploma or GED and 3 years office or customer service experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.