Post Date: 06/26/2020
Close Date: 07/31/2020
Looking for a meaningful career? At De Paul, we employ a team of passionate, diverse and caring people who are committed to carrying out our mission to create freedom from addiction for individuals, families, and communities. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join our experienced team of professionals in the fight to overcome the stigma of addiction and mental health. Come join one of Oregon’s largest and most reputable providers of substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health treatment for adults and youth!
We offer competitive wages, continuing education training (including CEUs), opportunities for internal career advancement as well as a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with a 6% match, 4 weeks of paid vacation & sick leave plus 10 paid holidays and loan forgiveness for qualified medical and clinical positions!
• Position Title: School Residential Counselor
• Department: School
• Employment Status: Full-Time
• Pay: $14.25 to $15.25 per hour
We are currently seeking a Residential Counselor to work in the De Paul Alternative School. Residential Counselors (RCs) play an integral role in De Paul’s residential program by providing oversight and support to clients. The RC is responsible for maintaining a safe and therapeutic treatment environment for our clients, demonstrating healthy models of communication, ethics, and professional boundaries. The School RC will facilitate an afternoon elective class, either Fitness or Visual Art, with curriculum and materials provided. Additionally, the School RC assists our classroom teachers with support in classroom management and behavioral interventions and preparation of learning/teaching materials. The right candidate establishes a positive rapport with students and acts as an advocate for the learning and communication needs of our students.
• Either a bachelor's degree OR 2 years of experience working with substance-use disorders and/or in a behavioral health environment
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, problem-solving skills, be organized, show attention to detail, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
We encourage applications from those in recovery, but we require 2+ years of continuous sobriety for candidates who identify with being in recovery. A DHS criminal background investigation is conducted on all new employees. Convictions are evaluated for each position and are not necessarily disqualifying.
• Have knowledge of substance-use & mental health disorders, intervention strategies and trauma-informed care
• Previous experience working in a residential setting
• Bi-cultural and bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
De Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complete details: www.depaultreatmentcenters.org/employment