Post Date: 11/04/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
This position is to support corporate efforts to protect information in a fashion that strengthens the trust our members have in us, protects our brand, enhances the member experience, and is compliant with governing regulations.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Address privacy-related questions and provide guidance to the business, serving as backup subject matter expert
• Investigate privacy incidents and log in incident tracking system to ensure compliance with HIPAA and state data breach laws
• Assist with processing of individual rights requests under HIPAA and with oversight of mitigation efforts
• Assist with development and presentation of privacy-related training with a view toward furthering a compliance culture
• Assist with training-tracking and monitoring to ensure enterprise-wide training completion compliance
• Assist with development of privacy-related tools and maintain/develop Privacy Office Intranet site
• Review legal documentation for sufficiency under privacy regulations, advise the business regarding sufficiency and permissible disclosures
• Assist with maintenance of databases relating to privacy
• Participate in teams and workgroups to further privacy-related goals and serve as subject matter expert for privacy
• Collaborate with business areas to contribute to and support the corporation’s initiatives while identifying compliant methods, mechanisms or alternatives
• Assist with tracking and monitoring new or proposed privacy-related legislation
• Other privacy-related duties as assigned
Additional General Functions for Senior Privacy Specialist:
• Address privacy-related questions and provide guidance to the business, serving as privacy subject matter expert.
• Develop and present privacy-related training and tools with a view toward furthering a compliance culture.
• Investigate complex privacy incidents including developing mitigation strategies and enforcing sanctions as required. Develop and implement assigned privacy-related policies and procedures.
• As an essential member of the privacy team, will collaborate on a privacy risk assessment and mitigation plan.
• Lead and implement assigned sections of the plan with a view toward maintaining or strengthening current levels of compliance.
• Collaborate with business areas to contribute to and support the corporation’s initiatives and improvements to quality while identifying compliant methods, mechanisms or alternatives.
• Maintain databases relating to privacy. Participate in teams and workgroups to further privacy-related goals and serve as subject matter expert for privacy. Expectations of All Cambia Staff.
• The Privacy Specialist would have a Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, health policy, communication or related field and 2 years of previous work experience in privacy, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• Sound working knowledge of privacy-related laws and regulations governing personal information, particularly HIPAA and state data breach laws
• Demonstrated ability to understand and apply complex legal language and terminology
• Demonstrated ability to research, interpret and understand laws, regulations and other regulatory and compliance guidance
• Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize work in order to meet assigned deadlines and to ensure highest priority assignments are given the time and attention required
• Strong attention to detail
• Sound PC skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Previous training/public speaking experience desired
• Previous customer service experience desired
Additional Minimum Requirements for Senior Privacy Specialist:
• The Senior Privacy Specialist would have 5 years of previous work experience in privacy, particularly for a HIPAA covered entity or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-baccalaureate degree in Law, Business Administration, Health Administration or a related field preferred.
• Ability to consider the needs of various business partners, corporate goals and initiatives, and applicable regulatory requirements, some of which may be at odds, and identify creative solutions to ensure business needs are met in a manner that supports corporate goals and initiatives and complies with the law
• Ability to review legal documents including but not limited to business associate agreements and other legal documents regarding personal representation and to identify specific authority or powers given
• Ability to identify when and how existing policies need to be revised either for regulatory purposes or for other reasons
• Ability to persuade, lead and address diverse groups at all levels of the organization to affect change and serve as a champion for privacy
• Demonstrated ability to create and deliver training and presentations to both large and small groups
• Demonstrated ability to audit for compliance. Health-insurance related auditing experience preferred
The position is at pay level 15 or 18 depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.